The exact location and ways to travel to Karnala
- Karnala is a small town located near Panvel in the Raigarh district of Maharashtra.
- It is approximately 50 kms from Mumbai.
- The best way to travel to Karnala from Mumbai, is by road through Panvel.
- It takes approximately 1 and a half hours to reach.
- Alternatively, you can also take a train from Mumbai city to Panvel and then travel by road to Karnala.
- Best Time To Visit Karnala Winter and monsoon months are ideal for visiting Karnala.
Winter and monsoon months are ideal for visiting Karnala.
Karnala Fort and Karnala Bird Sanctuary are the two main attractions of this place.
You can have a good experience of trekking to the Karnala Fort, which is situated on a hill. You can also watch some beautiful bird species in the sanctuary.
Karnala Fort overlooked the Bor Pass which, at one point of time, was the only trade route between the Konkan coast and the interior of Maharashtra. We suggest that you book VISAVA Resort is tucked away in a quiet corner and are a Deluxe retreat.