The exact location and ways to travel to Bhimashankar
- Bhimashankar is a small, primarily pilgrimage town in Pune district of Maharashtra.
- It is approximately 222 kms from Mumbai.
- You can reach Bhimashankar by road in approximately 4 and a half hours.
- You can also take a train from Mumbai to Pune and then travel to Bhimashankar by bus or taxi.
- Similarly, you can take a flight from Mumbai to Pune and then take public transport to Bhimashankar.
Winter is the best time to visit Bhimashankar, as the atmosphere is cool and pleasant.
Bhimashankar gets its name from one of Lord Shiva’s Jyotirlinga temples located in the town. It is also well known for its greenery, forests and the Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary.
Apart from visiting the sacred Jyotirlinga temple, you could also enjoy outdoor activities like trekking, nature walks, forest trails, etc.
The dense jungles of Bhimashankar are said to have served as a refuge for the Pandavas during their exile. We suggest that you book Natraj Holiday Resort.