The exact location and ways to travel to Aurangabad
- Aurangabad is a historical city located in the state of Maharashtra.
- It is located around 350 kms from Mumbai.
- You can reach Aurangabad from Mumbai by road, in approximately 6 hours.
- Aurangabad can also be reached by train from Mumbai in 7 hours.
- You can also fly from Mumbai to Chikalthana airport in Aurangabad in roughly 1 hour.
The best time to visit Aurangabad is between October and March, as the atmosphere is very pleasant and cool during this period.
Aurangabad is famous for the many historical monuments located in and around the city. There are several tourist attractions including Bibi Ka Maqbara, Panchakki, Naukhanda palace, Salim Ali Lake and Bird Sanctuary, and several others, within the city itself.
For a weekend getaway from Mumbai, Aurangabad is the best spot for a weekend destination if you want to immerse in ancient Indian history. You can visit many of its historical attractions and also enjoy some scenic beauty in the outskirts of the city.
Aurangabad is named after the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb, who made the city his military capital. We suggest that you book The Ambassador Ajanta & Welcome Hotel Rama International.